Mathematics is one of those subjects that we need in our everyday lives; we need mathematical studies for industry, commerce and science.
Mathematical study provides unambiguous, concise and powerful means of communication.
Children must study mathematics because:
- It has aesthetic appeal
- It develops logical thinking
All these are particularly true for children. So, parents and students should know that the time and energy they spend in learning mathematics is not in vain.
Why some children enjoy mathematics
Children enjoy mathematics for so many reasons:
- It helps in their intellectual or aesthetic development
- It is very useful for their overall wellbeing
- Children learn on time how to use modern calculator
- It develops mathematical and scientific abilities in children
- Mathematics has the enormous power to solve real world problems
Why parents wants their children to study Mathematics
- Parents believe in inventive genius- this makes our society better- the intelligence to cure certain ailments of life like cancer, develop renewable energy, and scientific devices like antenna, iphone and son on have mathematical roots.
- If children know mathematical principles, it will help them to think creatively, accurately and raise their own kids in future in the same way. Children with mathematical concepts are usually gifted with problem solving techniques.
- Studying mathematics will help children to manage their finances in future, whether they become teachers, nail-salon attendants, neurosurgeon, and painters and so on. For instance, you will know how to save money if you are good in mathematics.
Some analysts have said that the 2008 mortgage crisis would not have had such effect in the world if almost everyone has a mathematical knowledge.
Mathematical study makes people to be bright, capable, and self-employable.
- Mathematical studies enable children to make healthier choices in life. For instance, if a child is deeply passionate about mathematics, he / she will know that he / she can do well in engineering or medical courses.
If a child is not gifted with Mathematics, he / she will know that he can’t do well in Mathematical-subject related courses. To help develop an interest in learning maths, the store has many workbooks and activities to help gather their interest. Instead, such student can develop interest in art related subjects.
In this case, you can see that the study of mathematics is necessary both for those that will choose it and those that won’t. Studying mathematics helps a student to know the type of profession to choose.
- Mathematical study is filled with workable principles; so, it gives them the intelligence to make wise and decent decisions, detect flaws in arguments and avoid irrational decisions.
- Mathematics helps children to make good use of their time; if you are good in mathematics, you will discover that it deals with principles and formula- almost all these principles can be applied in concrete life situations.
Should a child learn Maths online?
Online studies are really trending in recent times. But it is not advisable for a child to engage deeply with mathematical studies online.
There are software and some program directors that will teach you online, you can purchase new wave mental maths books for years 4 and 5 at this site. This brand of mental maths is a great tool to help your child get an understanding of maths that can help them in their school work and life.
So that the child can ask questions and receive instant answers when he / she is confused over a formula or principle. Also, the student can interact with other students more easily in the classroom than in online studies.